Daniel Davies wrote:
>I'd be *very* careful how one went about this.  It feels like entryism,
and
>the experience of the (UK) Labour Party in the 1980s suggests that the
>'mainstream' Dems would react to it very badly indeed (by which I mean
that
>this, if it didn't work, would be the *end* of friendly relationships
>between the US Left (S.A.I.I) and the Democratic Party.

We're not talking about people like Militant I hope. Our Trots
wouldn't touch the DP with a 10-ft pole. (On this question, even some
ex-Trots carry on the tradition, suggesting that membership is that
community is a lot like the Party of the Right, for life at least.)
We're talking about Nader voters, Greens, liberal Dems, etc. Of
course that they lack the discipline of Militant they'll get chewed
up quickly by the DP machinery.
Doug
<<<>>>

interesting that someone referred to militant tendency/labour, i put
'entryism' in scare quotes in followup post to my suggestion re. dem
county executive councils, was curious if anyone would comment as
such...

but my suggestion really differs from uk experience, no 'party within
party' stuff...

there is no dem party machinery in orblando...   michael hoover

Please Note:
Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from
College employees
regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon
request.
Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.