Michael Perelman wrote:

> Yes, but why are they localized in only 1 state?
> Aren't these problems more widespread?

I have not studied the pattern of rainfall region by
region. Distribution of monsoon varies from region to
region and within each region its timing during
June-September monsoon period. Some regions also get
rains in winter, others have irrigation based on snow
fed rivers. Without that sort of study (which I have
not done), it's hard to explain why, e.g. we don't
hear about suicides by Karnataka farmers _on the same
scale_ as those in Andhra Pradesh?

Ulhas

Yahoo! India Careers: Over 65,000 jobs online
Go to: http://yahoo.naukri.com/