Ulhas and Jim,

My bad.  I should have written neoliberal, not IMF, policies in India.

Seth

Re: Subject: Re: Suicides, Military and Economic by Ulhas Joglekar 24 July 2004

Seth Sandronsky wrote:

“Peasant Suicides in India” is a chapter in Contours
of Descent: U.S.
Economic Fractures and the Landscape of Global
Austerity by Robert Pollin
that details the ruinous outcomes of IMF policies on
Indian farmers.

India doesn't owe any money to the IMF. How IMF policies are ruining Indian farmers?

As for farmers' suicides, they are largely in Andhra
Pradesh, not elsewhere in India.

Ulhas

Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to ‘Dig Yourself Out of Debt’ from MSN
Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx