ravi wrote:

> > This is equally true of terrorists in Kashmir.
> About
> > 70% of terrorists killed in Kashmir in the recent
> > years have been non-Kashmiris. They are usually
> > Punjabis trained by the ISI and smuggled into
> Kashmir.

> what are the sources for these numbers?

I suggest you visit cemetaries in Kashmir where
"freedom fighters" have been buried. Their names may
give you some clues.

> imho, the more important debate is regarding cause
> and effect: did local
> popular unrest and uprising lead to the influx of
> foreign terrorists? or
> did foreign terrorists bring about the image of
> local unrest?

The terrorist upsurge in Kashmir must be seen in the
context of US led Jihad against the Soviets in
Afghanistan with Saudi funding and Pakistani support.

> if the former is true, the discussion regarding the
> current composition
> and nature of activists/terrorists may prove to be a
> distraction.

The former, even if it is true, irrelevant today. The
so-called self determination for Kashmiris will create
a US protectorate in reality.

Ulhas