In a message dated 8/11/2004 3:20:06 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

<<Nevertheless my base question was what did Fidel say that qualified as being horrified by China. >>

>>He probably has never criticized China's capitalist transformation publicly since China has been fairly generous with Cuba economically. The article I forwarded quotes diplomats who were in contact with Castro supposedly, but I doubt you'll find anything specific in print. The last time Castro visited China, he made a rather tactful observation about how much had changed.<<

Agreed . . . and I will most certainly examine the sources indicated. I of course do not deny the existence of the bourgeois property relations in China. Nor do I beleive that one can advance to communism on the basis of the industrial system.

My resistance is to an ideological curve in our history that bounces from crying crocodile tears over the alleged famine killing perhaps as many as 40 million people and all kinds of vilification of the revolution in China and the on going revolutionary process.

China . . . or rather the character and substance of her economy . . . is most certainly being more and more integrated into the world economy on the basis of bourgeois reproduction or a set of needs that generates profits and the reproduction of the bourgeois property relations. What some call expanded value without qualification. Value is more than one thing . . . and embraces a social relationship.

To be frank . . . telling me about the law of value or expanded value in CHina means next to nothing . . .  it don't mean shit to me.

You did not state this . . . but is there a possibility of us reaching communism without an expanded value that is transformed on the basis of the form of property and the technological regime?

We read and can read the same material more than less.

I cannot predict the path of the people of China for the next 100 years.

Fuck dumb shit. What has been our path for the past 100 years . . . in terms of the liberation of an oppressed class? The class that was liberated was the sharecropper . . . he was fucking abolished or his energy as a class was no longer need as productive activity.

All of us speak of value as this mystical thing.

My communism is common sense. Yea . . . common sense and not theoretical excursion about alienation.

Fuck that abstract shit about expanded value . . . I did that for twenty years.

What did Fidel say about China is a valid question and you answered in an honorable way. I know a little bit about Cuba and its curve of history and why Fidel is out of time.

Hey . . . I love Fidel . . . but there are some outstanding demographics that cannot be ignored forever. There is some real history involved.

Thanks . . . Lou.

Melvin P.

China . . . or rather her economy . . .