In a message dated 8/15/2004 12:34:00 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Lenin expressly holds up Taylorism as an ideal for Soviet industry at a couple of points. I could find the references if you wanted. But I think the Bolshies were more impressed with German war planning planning, which was more familiar to them. Gramsci conceived of Fordism not only asa  tool of analysis but as containing elements of a Communist society.

jks <

Comment

I like Lenin but he wrote that electrification of agriculture and Soviet Power equates communism and that is how things looked in 1920 . . . but we know different in 2004.

All of us historically wrong.

What was understood in 1920 was the actual material components of a mode of production called industrial production. Lenin's whole fight with the syndicalist or rather anacho syndicalist . . . can be read on line in the Lenin library.

The communist called these fights around the specific extensive and intensive development of industry "right and left deviations" . . . while the capitalist called them winning and losing in the market.

This fight occurred under the heading of "state capitalism" . . . a concept Lenin rejected but spoke to. An aspect of Taylorism . . .  which was superseded in Japan . . . was another level of rationalization of production. . . and quality control based on statistical analysis of every product.

If the world had evolved different . . . which it did not . . . we would be arguing the attributes of intensive versus extensive development of the material power of production.

Hey the industrial system by definition is an economic terrain hostile to communism.

Now the real question is that the quality of what you produce is largely determined by the quality of the machines you get from the producers of your heavy machinery which is only corrected and evolved in relationship to the feed back you get from the muckerfuckers making the final product.

OK.

Excello and Gidding and Lewis are important manufactures of heavy machinery for auto.  They can only evolve the intensive manufacture of the equipment them provide you with based on the feedback loop you supply them.

This is the cultural thing . . . which is also a property thing . . . but nothing makes sense until we put things into an agreeded upon context.

For Lenin the man . . . real person and political leader . . . the system of Talyorism . . . which grew out of the Singer Sewing Machine assembly and manufacture process . . . and later adapted to the Ford system or Fordism . . . this was a giant step over what Russia possessed.

I became convince of the importance of Giant Steps by John Coltrane. :-)

This was after father and mother beat "My Favorite Things" into my head by Coltrane.

Melvin P.