----- Original Message -----
From: "Marvin Gandall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well, the Jews and the Scots have also been prominently mentioned. :) I'm
still looking to meet the capitalist - of any nationality - who doesn't
want
to get the best possible price for his or her product, or the worker who
doesn't want to get the same for his or her labour.

MG

-----

Due to interminable miseducation/study of philosophy, I'm having a bit of
trouble, also based on working with lots of members of the working class,
with what you mean by *best*. I've seen thousands of co-workers sit
quietly for years while their real wage eroded and tremble at the thought
of organizing into a union. I've seen corporate managers *cut* profit
margins to the bone vis a vis customers when they clearly had the upper
hand in bargaining and could come up with no reasonable justification on
static or dynamic grounds for doing so. I think we might have to take a
bit more seriously Herbert Simon's notions of satisficing and bounded
rationality and do some comparative empirical work across cultures on
price bargaining.