It's less of an analogy than an offhand metaphor. But I don't think it's
ever been established that either prices or allocation of resources can be
theorized. And in the posts on this thread (even of those I tend to agree
with) I don't think anyone has produced an acceptable definition of power.
Power doesn't explain anything, it merely gives a (provisional) name to the
historically generated relationships that need to be explained. It's just
another name for Smith's Invisible Hand, which was another name for the god
of the deists. In other words, we are mostly getting theology rather than
historical analysis here.

Carrol

^^^^^^^

 State power is backed up by military and police forces which are quite
earthly ( See Engels on the history of force). The allocation of resources
can be theorized based on the idea of state power enforcing the principles
of private property.

Charles