Excuse me but it's quite late over here and I have to wake up early
tomorrow.
I will read the paper in details and I'll be glad to provide my point
of view asap

Good night

Massimo Portolani

On 14/mag/05, at 00:07, Doug Henwood wrote:

Massimo Portolani wrote:

Alesina is italian, as I am, and over here some of us think that he
has
become
more american than americans. Anybody who has real experience with
workers in Europe and USA
knows quite well that what they appear to claim is not true.
I would strongly advise most of these people who write these things to
take some vacation, have some leisure
for the benefit of us all.

So what's your explanation for the greater "preference" (as the bourgeois economists say) for leisure in Europe? Their explanation seems rather tortured and bogus, but I'd like to see a better one.

Doug