in international finance, the really dramatic depreciations occur when
exchange rates are rigid and are defended by the Central Banks "to the
death."

whether or not the various currencies that make up the euro end up
breaking up, however, depends on how close their values are to
fundamentals and how easy it is for the various economies to adjust to
the exchange rates.

--
Jim Devine
"Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way