What is odd, American leftists bring this absurd perfectionism to
their understanding of *other* countries!  And act as if they could
and should expect Iranians, Brazilians, Venezuelans, etc. and their
political leaders to agree with them 100%!  But, no, Iranians,
Brazilians, Venezuelans, etc. do NOT think like them, and if they did,
they would NOT amount to anything.

What American leftists need is focus on a few major issues -- one or
two, ten at most -- and see how many can work together based on the
points of agreement.
--
Yoshie

Yoshie is somewhat confused, I believe. There is very little interest on a
day to day basis about the internal politics of Iran, Brazil, etc. It is
only when people set themselves up as cyber-emissaries and give us glowing,
cherry-picking reports on such countries on a 24-7 basis that finally some
of us wake up from a deep slumber and begin to present an alternative
opinion. I never posted once about Iran in about a 2 year period on
Marxmail except to denounce the stupid petition that Joanne Landy had
circulated. But after being subjected to Yoshie's version of Radio Tehran,
I began to feel an irresistible urge to go out and draw caricatures of
Mohammad on the subway station wall.

--

www.marxmail.org