James Devine writes:

>> I'd like to know how "free markets" and "private property" could exist
>> without the restrictions imposed by government.

I don't think they can.  Have I ever said otherwise?

If I may be permitted to show some frustration, I have been on this list for 8
years.  This canard has been raised repeatedly as if it had never been
discussed before with me and addressed multiple times.  I am not an anarchist.
It is plainly obvious to me, and most libertarians, that a quality functioning
political system is necessary for the success of a free-market economy.  A
successful free-market requires a court system -- and a force to enforce
judicial decrees.  It needs a registrar of deeds.  It needs a lot of things to
be provided by government.  Go read Hayek's The Constitution of Liberty.    So
please, don't raise red herrings.

David