J Devine wrote:

I'm not sure that agriculture is less petro-intensive...

John G remarx:

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. You misconstrued part of what I was posing
(probably owing to my lack of clarity). I was taking the claims of the end of
hydrocarbon zealots to their logical conclusion, forecasting that agricultural
production would become much less dependent on synthetic oil and methane
derivatives, and much more labor-intensive... and wondering if steady-state
agriculture (among other activities) would be the death knell of K'ism.

John G. Akitacity Tokohu JP 010-1211