I met Mankiw in 1984, when I spent a year at Stanford.  It was at an NBER
conference.  I don't remember the context, buy he was raising a question about
one
of the papers, using his experience as a camp counselor responsible for
organizing
canoes.  I was not very impressed.

E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
michaelperelman.wordpress.com