I followed this a while back.  She would stumble periodically into a tasteless
remark, I think more out of insensitivity before the fact and unwillingness to
admit a mistake after (understandable, in light of the attacks to which she was
subjected).  The upshot, unfortunately, is that she made herself too hard to
keep defending.