Max wrote:
> I followed this a while back.  She would stumble periodically into a
> tasteless remark, I think more out of insensitivity before the fact and
> unwillingness to admit a mistake after (understandable, in light of the
> attacks to which she was subjected).  The upshot, unfortunately, is that she
> made herself too hard to keep defending.<

Yeah, it seemed to me (from my superficial reading) that the presence
of the NBPP in her security entourage was akin to that of the Hell's
Angels at Altamont.

It's also quite possible that the NBPP does not fit the ADL's
characterization as "perhaps the largest organized anti-Semitic and
racist Black hate group in America"
(http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/4869_12.htm).  I remember doing
research on the 1968 NYC teachers' strike and finding that accusations
of Black anti-Semitism were grossly exaggerated (and perhaps even
invented) for political purposes, while accusations of anti-Semitism
are likely to be thrown at anyone who dares to criticize Israel.

This article (from Cornell University's CHRONICLE) seems worthwhile:
http://www.news.cornell.edu/Chronicle/03/12.4.03/McKinney_coverage.html

me, originally:

--
Jim Devine / "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own
way and let people talk.) --  Karl, paraphrasing Dante.