Greetings Economists,
On Jan 23, 2008, at 8:25 AM, Jim Devine wrote:

3.       No model applies to answer all questions (to predict in all
domains) because no model can tell the whole story.

Doyle;
On 3 I assume you for some reason think a GUT (Grand Unified Theory)
is not attainable?

You write,
1.      No model can be an exact representation of the complexities of
empirical reality.

Doyle
The presumption here is that we are talking 'mathematical' model.  You
do not make a distinction between a model and paradigm.  So this is
very vague about what you mean.  Is a photograph of a space a model?
It has definite limits of what we know by seeing the photograph.  So
is writing with images model like, or only writing mathematical script?
thanks,
Doyle Saylor