Carrol wrote:
> > It seems to me that to put one's hopes in either
> > Obama or Clinton is to express utter despair.

hey, if Obama is elected, he'll probably turn out to be as bad as
Clinton would be. But it would be a sign that at least some of the
struggle against racism has been successful.

On the other hand, if Clinton is elected, she'll probably turn out to
be as bad as Obama would be. But it would be a sign that at least some
of the struggle against sexism has been successful.
--
Jim Devine / "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own
way and let people talk.) --  Karl, paraphrasing Dante.