On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 10:59:34PM -0500, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> >Ok, taint.t.  The problem is either inside tainted() or a problem with
> >how it's picking it's value.  I don't think the problem is that %ENV
> >is not tainted.
>
> Maybe, maybe not.  There is a good deal of special handling of both
> %ENV and tainting in vms/vms.c.  We could have a genuine bug there,
> or it may just be test bugs.  I'll post the taint test failures in a
> separate message.

I just ran the taint tests.  It looks like VMS's %ENV is *not* tainted.

$ perl -"Twle" "my $foo = (values %ENV)[0];  open(FILE, qq{>$foo})"
Name "main::FILE" used only once: possible typo at -e line 1.

Whereas on Unix that would cause a taint error.

I know environment variables are a bit different on VMS than Unix.  Is
there any reason you wouldn't want %ENV to be tainted?

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One