On Sunday 25 November 2001 22:31, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> > Porta-paranoia.  cflags() and canonpath() are delegated to it.  This may
> > be why File::Spec was commingled.

> Now wait a second, this means you're not actually testing what
> ExtUtils::MM_Cygwin->catfile() and cflags() and perl_script() do.

There exist neither ExtUtils::MM_Cygwin::catfile() or
ExtUtils::MM_Cygwin::perl_script().  They're both inherited from somewhere,
and are called within ExtUtils::MM_Cygwin::manifypods().

ExtUtils::MM_Cygwin::cflags() does exist, and it calls
ExtUtils::MM_Unix::cflags().

My assumption (which may very well be invalid) is that anything that breaks
ExtUtils::MM_Unix should be caught by the ExtUtils::MM_Unix test.  The
ExtUtils::MM_Cygwin test is predicated upon the assumption that the bits in
ExtUtils::MM_Unix Just Work.  As such, I considered them fair game to be
replaced with decaf crystals.

I may very well be wrong on this, but I think it's testing the essentials.

-- c