On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 06:25:27PM +1000, Ken Williams wrote:
> This is because I've been frustrated a number of times by modules that
> died on CPAN when they got integrated into the core, but needed bugs to
> be fixed, but wouldn't see new versions until perl got maintenance
> releases...

All that really requires is someone to pick up the torch and release new
versions to CPAN.  And keep the CPAN versions and perl versions in sync. As
much as they're supposed to, p5p doesn't treat the CPAN version as the
canonical one and always forgets to report patches back to the author.

Keeping them in sync with p5p's patches is the hardest part.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One