On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 04:03:20PM +0100, Christian Lemburg wrote:
> Unfortunately, for reasons that I do not understand,
> the CPAN module will install 0.12 when "install Test::Unit"
> is requested (although 0.13 is listed as the current release).

This is because Test::Unit defines no version number (despite having
declared $VERSION).  The CPAN shell can't tell which version of
Test::Unit is the newer one (having no explicit version number) and so
just picks one.

There may be ways to make the CPAN shell a little more intellegent
about such things (like looking at the number on the tarball), but the
simple work-around is just to stick $VERSION='0.13' (or whatever) into
lib/Test/Unit.pm.

--
Michael G Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One