Tels wrote in perl.qa :

>> Well, B::SPECIAL is for one of the internal constants '0', '1' and
>> 'undef'.  There ought to be a better interface to this, but I can't
>> really figure out what to improve.
>
> I have no idea what you talk about - I am a total B:: newbie :)

The big story :
Each time a literal 1, 0 or undef is seen in perl source code, or
returned by a built-in, no new object is created by perl, but only
a reference to inner 'special' static constant.

> Alternatively, can B::SPECIAL get a START() and ROOT() method or does this
> not make sense?

Not at all. undef, 0 and 1 have no start or root, have they ?
You can still do
    sub B::SPECIAL::AUTOLOAD { undef }
but I doubt this will be of any help.