On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 02:00:28PM +0100, Adrian Howard wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 11:52  am, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> [snip]
> >I've yet to see a real use-case for plans of plans.
> [snip]
>
> Anywhere when you want to have plans at a higher level of granularity
> than a test script.

No, I meant particularly this style of subplan

ok 1
ok 1.1
ok 1.2
ok 1.3
ok 2

where there's an explicit indication that you're a subtest on each line
and test output is explicitly nested.

Compare with this style:

1..2
ok 1
1..3
ok 1
ok 2
ok 3
3..1
ok 2

The former has the large disadvange of requiring all subtests to be aware
of test-wide state.  And I can't think of any major advantages, though it
is a bit more readable.

--
Michael G Schwern        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
I know you get this a lot, but you're breathtaking, like a vision of