On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:28:29AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> * contains files:
>   * Makefile.PL or Build.PL or configure

configure?

>   * README

Personally, I find READMEs useless duplication.  Even more so now that
search.cpan.org works so well.

>   * t/* or test.pl

test.pl is not a good thing.  It doesn't get parsed by "make test".  It just
runs and spits the output to the screen.  If a test fails, "make test" will
still succeed.  Still, its better than nothing at all.

>   * one *.pm in top-level OR lib/

Or Module/*.pm.  Seems a little dubious anyway, there are POD-only modules.

> Some ideas:
> * wheater PREREQ_PM matches used modules (hard!)

Nearly impossible since:

    require Foo::Bar if $some_condition;

Otherwise Module::Info->modules_used() can handle it.

--
Michael G Schwern        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
AY!  The ground beef, she is burning my groin!