On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 16:46 -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> Trouble is STDOUT is parsed while STDERR is not so T::H has to be able
> to disambiguate them while still displaying them in the correct ordering
> and not run afoul of any buffering issues.

I wave the "Nope, the UNbiquitous Test::Harness::Straps" flag in hopes
that it staves off the backwards compatibility police.

> And no, users should not have to upgrade their OS nor add sequence numbers
> to output.

Yeah, but they *should* upgrade to operating systems that implement
*some* form of usable process control.  I'm playing my idealist card
here and checking that we're still only betting peanuts and
marshmallows.

-- c