Tels wrote:
On Friday 01 April 2005 21:47, Walter Goulet wrote:
I've been in contact with the author of Net-SSLeay about testing his
module. One limitation I have to work with is that the module has to
work out of the box with perl 5.6.0 which doesn't include the
Test::Simple and Test::More modules.
I am sometimes quite sick of having to work around already-fixed bugs or already-implemented features just because someone insists of using outdated software.

And I am heartily sick of the idea that you must be running the latest and greatest. Sorry, but in many environments that is just not possible, in particular, places where all upgrades have to go through rigourous QA and testing - never mind that this might not be useful, The Procedures say it has to be done. The sort of environments where you might expect people to be using SSL.

If the author says he needs to stay compatible with 5.6.0, then respect that. It's not as if the lack of Test::More makes testing hard! Embed your own version of ok() in the test script if you like, just as we all used to do.

> I'd say toss in a prerequisite for Test::Simple and be done with it.
> Anybody who is still using 5.6.0 with no additional modules does
> something wrong.

That too :-)

--
David Cantrell