Mark Stosberg wrote:
If you haven't see AnnoCPAN, it's a new way to share comments on Perl
POD:

Example:
http://www.annocpan.org/dist/Net-ICal-0.15/lib/Net/ICal.pm

I have an idea about taking it a step further-- making it easier to close the loop with the author to integrate updates.
CPAN documentation could be stuffed into a kwiki wiki using the POD
format feature.

Users could adjust the POD directly. The author could optionally
download the changed POD and adopt it or further refine it.

I keep meaning to get around to this :)

In case someone wants to implement it, PPI supports a thing called "functional signatures" which is a MD5 hash of the function of a document.

If you evaluate the functional signature before allowing editing, and the changed version has the same signature, then you can be certain they haven't changed the code.

With my shitty spelling I keep meaning to write a "Edit my POD" interface :)

Adam K