On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 17:33:26 -0400, David Golden wrote:

> Want.pm seems to imply that this might be possible, but I don't
> know the guts of Perl well enough.

Want looks into the opcode tree and looks for context thingies
inside it, so it should be possible as far as I understand from
reading the code.

I don't think this is desirable, though.

Several times i've assigned booleans expressions into a scalar, to
diagnose them later, or to pass them into something else.. This
becomes common if you tend to use closures or other functional
programming like structures.

It could be a convenient option, but I am more weary of false
negatives than false positives in these kinds of scenarios. It's my
firm belief that special cases must be noted as such, and not
implicitly taken care of. Whether this is truly a special case, or
whether it is just too late due to Perl's idiomatic nature is a
harder question though.

Personally I prefer explicit meta-comments, one for each || in the
line. I think It's a bit reminiscent of Test::More's $TODO.

--
 ()  Yuval Kogman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me spreads pj3Ar using 0wnage: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!