Thomas Klausner writes:

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 11:52:00AM +1000, Adam Kennedy wrote:
>
> > Rather than do any additional exploding, I'd like to propose the
> > additional kwalitee test "has_changes". I've noticed that a
> > percentage (5-10%) of dists don't have a changes file, so it can be
> > hard to know whether it's worth upgrading, or more importantly which
> > version to add dependencies for.
>
> I like it

So do I.

But I think the name is misleading.  When I read the subject and first
two sentences of Adam's proposal I thought has changes would be a test
for actually having changes, rather than for having a file which lists
changes.

Calling the test has_changelog would be much better, since that makes it
obvious was is being tested.

> For a start, I will only check for a file called /changes/i. After the
> run, we'll see how many percent use it and try to find a regex that
> matches more dists.

As others have pointed out, ChangeLog is also popular and given special
treatment by Cpan Search; please allow CHANGES or ChangeLog.

Smylers
--
May God bless us with enough foolishness to believe that we can make a
difference in this world, so that we can do what others claim cannot be done.