Selon Thomas Klausner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 11:58:36AM +0200, David Landgren wrote:
>
> > To me, this is a mark of Quality. It would be good to have it as a
> > Kwalitee metric, but I see no easy way. The simplest way I can see would
> > be to have a META.yml key that contains a URI to the HTML D::C report. I
> > would rule out adding a cover/ subdirectory to the distribution due to
> > the impact it would have on CPAN repositories.
>
> CPANTS will never use Devel::Cover directly, because CPANTS doesn't run the
> code it's looking at.
>
> I think somebody once suggested a central server/service to collect
> Devel::Cover statistics. Maybe slightly parallel to how testers work, but
> I'm not sure and haven't got any time ATM to ask google..

I proposed a similar idea using the CPAN Testers infrastructure to collect
the statistics. The idea is to just add the cover information in the mail
sent by the smokers (which would have the corresponding option enabled).
Currently, CPANPLUS and CPAN::YACSmoke are running the test suite and
sending a PASS report if it successes, or a FAIL report with details if
it fails. The idea is to re-execute the test suite with Devel::Cover
once it already succeeded, pack up the cover information and then send
the PASS report with the coverage information. Or it can be sent in
another email. Then CPAN::WWW::Testers could be extended to gather the
statistics and present them.

I didn't provided the code yet because I got distracted by other modules
and other hacks I was trying to add to CPANPLUS. Something important is
to check whether it is possible to send coverage information without
taking too much space and bandwith. A quick test shows that the Storable
files used by Devel::Cover seem to compress quite well with gzip, so an
option may be to just send it this way.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.