Tyler MacDonald wrote:

> Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > For CPAN smokers based on CPAN::YACSmoke, the answer is: test the
> > presence of the AUTOMATED_TESTING environment variable. See also
> > the following page for more details:
> >
> >   http://search.cpan.org/dist/CPAN-YACSmoke/lib/CPAN/YACSmoke/FAQ.pod
>
>       Awesome, that's what I was after. :) Are there any other automated
> testing environments that post their results to testers.cpan.org I should
> worry about?

AFAICT, serious smokers (the ones that automatically and regularly
send CPAN Testers reports) all use CPAN::YACSmoke. The previously
used one was cpansmoke, included with previous versions of CPANPLUS:
  http://search.cpan.org/dist/CPANPLUS-0.0499/bin/cpansmoke

I don't think it provided a hint for telling a module whether it was
automated testing or not, but I don't think that anybody still use it.
That's something not indicated in the CPAN Testers Statistics site,
which was finally made available (but very silently) by Barbie:
  http://perl.grango.org/

Other reports may be send by people like me when they interactively
install modules using CPANPLUS, or by hand using Test::Reporter.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.