Hi!

I finally found some tuits to work on CPANTS again. As the previous
implementation had some drawbacks, I started from scratch, and from
another direction.

I just uploaded Module::CPANTS::Analyse to CPAN. MCA contains most of
the previous Kwalitee indicators and some code to check if one
distribution tarball conforms to those indicators. It also includes a
script calls <i>cpants_lint.pl</p> which is basically a frontend to the
module.

Example:

cpants_lint.pl path/to/Foo-Bar-1.42.tgz

Checked dist            Foo-Bar-1.42.zip
Kwalitee rating         15/16

Here is a list of failed Kwalitee tests and
what you can do to solve them:

* has_changelog
Add a Changelog (best named 'Changes') to the distribution. It should
list at least major changes implemented in newer versions.

With Module::CPANTS::Analyse you can now check Kwalitee before uploading
to CPAN. Test::Kwalitee should be easly doable now. I will add some more
Kwalitee indicators soon, and then start to look for a new server (I
start a new job in February so I won't be able to use my old dev-box for
this).

----- Forwarded message from PAUSE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

The uploaded file

    Module-CPANTS-Analyse-0.5.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/D/DO/DOMM/Module-CPANTS-Analyse-0.5.tar.gz
  size: 20772 bytes
   md5: 1a4d1ec910402d7cb4d76bf89693f0d8

----- End forwarded message -----

--