On 2/5/06, Offer Kaye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> BTW Gozer have you looked at the first line:
> Cannot forceunlink D:\cpanrun\build\5-8-0\lib\auto\List\Util\Util.dll:
> Permission denied at D:\cpanrun\build\5-8-0\lib/File/Find.pm line 874
>
> Maybe the script is trying to delete a file that the system thinks is
> in use? Or something similiar? Windows has that annoying habit of
> refusing to delete things it thinks are in use...

This is a known issue on Win32 that the MakeMaker people and the
Module Build people are aware of.

I've produced a patch for the install behaviour and I'm planning to
put together a patch for the uninstall behaviour Real Soon Now. Ive
also volunteered to maintain a new distro which would be split out of
the MakeMaker distro so that people can upgrade the install behaviour
without upgrading the whole MakeMaker package.

Randy Sims put together an initial version of this package including
the install patch at

   <http://thepierianspring.org/perl/ExtUtils-Install-1.35.tar.gz>

Cheers,
Yves