--- Tels wrote:
> although I still can only guess what TDD stands for :)

Tolkien Driven Development?

Googling around for examples of real world large systems developed
using TDD, I found http://www.agiledata.org/essays/tdd.html which
states:

 The first reaction that many people have to agile techniques is
 that they're ok for small projects, perhaps involving a handful
 of people for several months, but that they wouldn't work for
 "real" projects that are much larger. ThatÂ’s simply not true.
 Beck (2003) reports working on a Smalltalk system taking a
 completely test-driven approach which took 4 years and 40
 person years of effort, resulting in 250,000 lines of
 functional code and 250,000 lines of test code. There are
 4000 tests running in under 20 minutes, with the full suite
 being run several times a day. Although there are larger
 systems out there, I've personally worked on systems where
 several hundred person years of effort were involved, it is
 clear that TDD works for good-sized systems.

Apart from that I didn't find much. :-(

Oh, apart from this article describing TDD:

which got pulled by Microsoft after polling 1.44 out of 9
from 576 votes. ;-)

/-\

On Yahoo!7
Messenger - Make free PC-to-PC calls to your friends overseas.
http://au.messenger.yahoo.com