Who was it who was working on the global CPAN dependency graph, to figure out what module was dependent on what? Whatever became of that? I think hard numbers that stand on their own merits are about the only way to get new stuff into core. Let the early adopters try out non-CPAN low-level modules. Then after a while, see what floats to the top.

There's a couple of people working on this in dribs and drabs, me included.

With the new DBIx::Loader module coming out soon, and having SQLite support, I'm planning on merging Data::Package::SQLite with DBIx::Class so you can point a class at a SQLite URI and it will just sort of download and unfold itself into a full CDBI-like interface to the data.

And with that, we get much much easier access to the datasets generated by CPANTs, CPAN Testers, and a few other things.

Which makes dependency graphs and such much much more trivial, and more likely to be available from something you just grab from CPAN.

(and once I get my CPAN SQLite index, you get CDBI-like access to the index too, like JSAN has)

Adam K