On Friday 14 July 2006 12:27, Jonathan Rockway wrote:

> A book like this is something that's been in the back of my mind for a
> while.  If there were real interest in this topic (and I think there
> is), I would be happy to help out in a significant way, like writing
> several chapters.
>
> If someone is interested, maybe we can hash out a ToC / outline and
> submit a proposal to O'Reilly?  That would be pretty neat :)

I should be more clear; I'm looking for 10-15,000 word short books on very
specific areas -- XML Processing with Perl, Writing Ajax Applications with
Perl, Refactoring Perl, et cetera.  I'm not ruling out a book or discouraging
people from submitting book ideas, just pointing out that it's much easier
and faster to write and produce a short, focused manuscript than a large
project.

-- c