On 14 Mar 2007, at 07:29, chromatic wrote:
The problem is that there's no way to tell that that information sent to Test::Builder->diag() is diagnostic information for the tests because once it
goes out on STDERR, it could be anything.

So we seem to have two reasonably sensible options on the table. I don't think they're mutually incompatible.

Ovid's 'only merge STDOUT and STDERR when in verbose mode' seems to be workable with current Test::Builder.

We should also push forward with machine readable diagnostics as a formal part of TAP and have those show up on STDOUT along with all the other TAP.

Did I miss anything?

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net