# from Andy Armstrong
# on Thursday 05 April 2007 02:18 am:

>>   I added a concept of "test profiles" to Module::Build
>> for just this sort of thing.  You make your gui tests be '.gt'
>> files, your author tests '.at' files, ...
>
>I think I'd rather put my tests into subdirectories to group them -

That only gets you the ability to run some of them at once, not the
ability to *not* run some of them without special action.  That is,
unless you put them all in t_gui or some other directory completely
outside of t/.  That might be a viable option, but the trouble is that
you end up with more toplevel directories (or a bunch under t_special
or whatever.)  Other than breaking ack, I haven't had any trouble using
a .xt extension under t/.

>but either way that only gets you a single taxonomy. In practice
>you're quite likely to want tests to be classified in more than one
> way.

True.  I'm interested in pursuing that.  As I said, possibly an
environment variable with some YAML to tell the producer what to skip
or thereabouts.  As chromatic pointed out, it does potentially add
quite a bit of complexity.

I'm pretty certain it doesn't involve command-line arguments for tests
though.

--Eric
--
"If you dig it, it's yours."