# from Ovid
# on Monday 16 April 2007 02:29 am:

>I need to skip the
>rest of the tests, but I want to use a plan and I don't want to keep
>counting the number of tests after the skip.
>      my $remaining_tests = looks_like_number($plan)
>        ? $plan - $builder->current_test
>        : 1;   # always show at least one test skipped

That does lose the rigor of knowing whether you've run enough tests up
to this point.  But, it seems the only way to address that is to count.
Perhaps forward-declaring 'checkpoints' would make that less painful in
that you would update the count at the top of your test instead of
somewhere in the middle.

Also, when does the ': 1' apply?

--Eric
--
So malloc calls a timeout and starts rummaging around the free chain,
sorting things out, and merging adjacent small free blocks into larger