--- Eric Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> # from Ovid
> # on Monday 16 April 2007 02:29 am:
>
> >I need to skip the
> >rest of the tests, but I want to use a plan and I don't want to keep
> >counting the number of tests after the skip.
> >      my $remaining_tests = looks_like_number($plan)
> >        ? $plan - $builder->current_test
> >        : 1;   # always show at least one test skipped
>
> That does lose the rigor of knowing whether you've run enough tests
> up
> to this point.  But, it seems the only way to address that is to
> count.

Good point.  I suppose I could say hardcode the test count there as I
tend to add tests to the end, but I do hate hardcoding information.

> Also, when does the ': 1' apply?

If you have a 'no_plan', the ': 1' ensures that the skip block message
(I don't think this has a formal name in TAP) shows up at least once.
If it's not there, even though there's a skip, you won't see the
message and you won't know that anything's been skipped.

Cheers,
Ovid

--

Buy the book -- http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/