* Eric Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-06-08 07:40]:
> >Conversely, when I edit code, I occasionally want to shift big
> >swathes of stuff around; having to carry along all the POD
> >before I’m done would bog me down for no gain whatsoever,
> >particularly in light of the fact that such changes generally
> >result in a structucal revision to the docs.
>
> =head1 Foo Stuff
> =head2 foo_this
> } # end sub
> =head2 foo_that
> } # end sub
>
> =head1 Bar Stuff
>
> Were you arguing against interspersed pod?  If you're moving
> code into the Foo section, the docs go with it.  If you're
> swapping =head1 sections, the code goes with them.  Pod at the
> end means finding your cut points twice instead of once.

I can’t remember the last time I gratuitously moved things around
without any structural changes. When I move big chunks around,
it’s because I’m instituting or abolishing an abstraction or
indirection by changing the call tree/class structure and
shifting parts of the code up or down the hierarchy. Fiddling
with the POD before I’m done is beyond pointless.

Regards,