# from David Golden
# on Monday 30 July 2007 05:03 pm:

>>Or,
>> simply the hardcore CPAN author who put it in their .bashrc and
>> forgot about it
   ^-- who will it bite first, will it be him, her, or me?

>> until some broken pod appeared in the middle of a
>> big dependency stack.  Environment variables are as global as they
>> get.
>
>s/AUTHOR_TESTING/PERL_AUTHOR_TESTING/
>
>And "hardcore" CPAN authors aren't the audience that this discussion
>is trying to help.

I admire your skillful rhetoric and valiant attempt to avoid typing
`mkdir at`, but I fail to understand the resistance.

I refer again to the "skipped more often than run" issue and the
supposition that residents of warm climates tend not to keep their ski
equipment next to the front door.

--Eric
--
Consumers want choice, consumers want openness.
--Rob Glaser