On 7/30/07, Andy Armstrong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree. If I'm going to produce a patch for someone I want to run
> the author tests before I submit it.

Including the tests but leaving them disabled is my preferred
approach.  It is trivial to  subclass Module::Build to set the
appropriate environment variables in a "Build disttest" action if you
prefer that instead of just leaving it set.

In case anyone is inspired to update the Module::Starter (or other)
boilerplate, I'm attaching my standard pod-coverage.t and recommending
it as a more robust approach than the existing boilerplate.  Set
minimum module versions as necessary for your documentation style
and/or bug fixes in T::P::C and P::C.

Regards,
David

----
# pod-coverage.t
use Test::More;
plan skip_all => "Skipping author tests" if not $ENV{AUTHOR_TESTING};

my $min_tpc = 1.08;
eval "use Test::Pod::Coverage $min_tpc";
plan skip_all => "Test::Pod::Coverage $min_tpc required for testing
POD coverage"
    if $@;

my $min_pc = 0.18;
eval "use Pod::Coverage $min_pc";
plan skip_all => "Pod::Coverage $min_pc required for testing POD coverage"
    if $@;

all_pod_coverage_ok();
__END__
use Test::Pod::Coverage; # Fake CPANTS