Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer wrote:
> there's a lot of questionable modules being uploaded to CPAN
> which create top-level namespaces, very often not even being
> self-explanatory. it would be nice to add points for
> modules which have registered namespaces. this should encourage
> more appropriate module naming.

-1

As to the intent of the proposed kwalitee rating:  the "don't open a top level
namespace" argument made sense when walking the module directory tree was the
only way to navigate CPAN, but we have several ways to search it now and a
fledging tagging system coming online.  If a new top level best describes your
module, go for it.

WRT requiring module registration:  the act of registration adds you to the
registered modules list which has been rendered moot in lieu of much more
powerful things such as search.  The existing categories are wildly out of
touch.  I just see it as busy work and haven't bothered in years.  The DSLIP
information is now better done with META.yml resources fields.  The process
also involves humans, so...

WRT the intent of forcing the user to get approval for their module:  while
it's nice to ask for opinions for your module, it sucks to hold up sharing
your new module with the world while waiting for humans to respond.  And
[EMAIL PROTECTED] can be really, really slow.

Finally, WRT whether or not registration is correlated with quality:  If you
look at what's registered on the module list and what we consider to be good
quality code I wonder if you'll find a correlation.

--
Stabbing you in the face for your own good.