--- Eric Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Are these existing bugs in Test::Harness?  If so then you're at "no
> > worse then what's already there" status and should make a release.
>
> Probably.

Agreed.

> >Alphas:  Release early, release often.  The whole point is to get
> > people to bang on it.
>
> Last week was me spending way too much time programming with two
> hands
> behind my back to get 5.5.3 compatibility, bundling Test::More,
> creating IO::Capture, etc.  That, and everyone else was at YAPC.
>
> So yeah, it's probably ready to go now.

Andy (Armstrong), aside from the fact that we now know that it fails
miserably on VMS, do you know of any show stoppers or potential
embarrassments?

(The only reason I mention "potential embarrassments" is that CPANPLUS
and Module::Build have left such a bad taste in many people's mouths
that I would like to limit the impact of the first alpha.  We screw
this up and I worry that there are many programmers who will refuse to
get over their initial impression.  Luddites on the cutting edge.  How
ironic.  It's a silly concern, I know :)

Cheers,
Ovid

--
Buy the book  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/