* Andy Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-11-19 23:17]:
> I guess I'm not seeing why a deferred plan is better than no
> plan at all.

At a minimum, because the harness expects a plan. If you exit
prematurely, it can at least detect that no plan was given,
whereas if you test without a plan, it knows nothing at all.

And beyond that, you still declare intent and the harness can
compare with actual behaviour. A buggy set of tests is more
likely to align with the count than it might with an up-front
plan, but not with complete certainty – whereas if you test
without a plan, the harness, once again, knows nothing at all.

A deferred plan is clearly not as good as a predeclared plan,
but is definitely much safer than no plan at all.

Regards,