On 20 Nov 2007, at 23:39, Michael G Schwern wrote:
Do we like that?

Test::Harness 2 put it on it's own line mostly to avoid wrapping off the right
side of the screen.  I still lean in that direction.

Hmm. I'm kind of hooked on the new behaviour now. It puts a summary column right where I can find it.

However, TAP::Parser doesn't seem to have a &skip_all method
(returning boolean or explanation?  What if no skip reason given?).

TAP::Parser->skip_all returns a true value if all tests are skipped.
It either returns the skip reason or '(no reason given)' as above.

I don't like that it hard wires the default string, that's mixing up display with the API. It leaves developers having to write weird things like "if( $skip eq '(no reason given)' ) { ...then put in your own default... }".

This is a situation where "0 but true" becomes handy. Or in this case, '' but true. It might make sense, in the case where there is no reason given, to return a boolean and string overloaded object which returns false for bool and
the empty string as a string.

Agreed. I'll take a look at it - unless you want to.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten