On Jan 12, 2008, at 10:24 PM, Michael G Schwern wrote:

Matisse Enzer wrote:
I just want to be able to run a test suite with a switch that makes the
entire test run stop after the first failure is reported.

Ok, it's nice to want things, but why do you want it?

Almost entirely because when I'm developing on a code base with a large test suite I often want to stop the test run as fast as possible when a failure occurs - currently I do a control-C but would prefer if I could use a switch when I run the tests to have it just stop right after the first failure.

-M

Matisse Enzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.matisse.net/  - http://www.eigenstate.net/