I recently (as in, last night) released very minor revs of two of my CPAN
modules. The releases were mostly just correcting/clarifying licensing
information. Just a little while ago, I checked the CPANTS site and noticed
I had a crapload of red marks, almost all of which are wrong (one of the two
dists doesn't have LICENSE sections in pod, or a "LICENSE" file). But I'm
flagged for executable build files (they aren't), no test_pod or
test_pod_coverage (they are there), Changelog, MANIFEST, README, even tests
in general!

I've only taken a cursory look at the internals of the
Module::CPANTS::Analyze code, but I noticed that if there is neither
Build.PL or Makefile.PL, you can still trigger an "executable build file"
flag-- line 101 of Module::CPANTS::Kwalitee::Files.pm uses the same internal
field to indicate this lack as is used to indicate that they're executable.
This, combined with the fact that most or all of the other red flags seem to
be centered around file issues, leads me to suspect that maybe whatever area
the distros are being un-tarred into is having disk issues?

Randy
--
Randy J. Ray / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org